The North Carolina Forestry Association’s (NCFA)-Forest Education and Conservation Foundation (FECF) is proud to offer a scholarship program to students pursuing a forestry career in the state of North Carolina. The FECF encourages the wise use and management of North Carolina’s forests through education outreach to students and teachers, continuing education initiatives with forestry professionals, and promotion campaigns designed to educate the public. The foundation is providing the following scholarships:
- $2,000 to an individual attending North Carolina State University
- $1,000 to an individual attending Haywood Community College
- $1,000 to an individual attending Montgomery Community College
- $1,000 to an individual attending Wayne Community College
Students wanting to pursue a scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled student at one of the following:
- North Carolina State University
- Haywood Community College
- Montgomery Community College
- Wayne Community College
- Second year of a two-year program, or entering third/fourth year (Junior or Senior) of a four-year program this fall.
- Pursuing a degree in forest management or paper science and engineering in the College of Natural Resources at NCSU, or a forest management technology at the above specified community colleges.
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Resident of North Carolina
If you meet the above qualifications, applicants can email the following application and essay to
Dr. John Hatcher
Subject Line: FECF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on September 13, 2019. Scholarship recipients will be announced by September 20 and recipients are eligible to attend the North Carolina Forestry Association annual meeting in Wilmington, NC October 2-3, 2019.
For questions or additional information, please contact Dr. John Hatcher, Executive Vice President at email@example.com or 919-834-3943 ext. 5.