The North Carolina Forestry Association provides forestry education programming, materials and resources to students and teachers in the state of North Carolina. Topics highlight the field of forestry, natural resources, wildlife and the wood products industry. We encourage you to share these teaching aides with your students.
If you have any questions about materials or programs please contact Amy Juliana, the NCFA’s Education Programs Manager at (800) 231-7723 ext. 2 or at email@example.com.
Listed below is a brief overview of what NCFA is able to offer. Please visit the individual pages for more details and information.
Resources highlight sustainable forestry, natural resources, and environmental education.
- Goods From the Woods Boxes
- Ask Roy Educational Videos
- Publications and Documents
Outreach opportunities for students in North Carolina.
- Branching Out with NCFA- Free Outreach for students located in the Central Piedmont Counties
- Forestry and Environmental Camps- On site field trips for middle and high school.
- Forest Education Ambassador Network-speak with a professional in your community.
- Discover forestry in North Carolina! Sustainable Forestry Teachers Experience-professional development workshop for STEM Educators that demonstrates all elements of sustainable forestry in North Carolina. Discover the forest in our state and learn about the wood products industry
- Project Learning Tree-an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12.
Essay contest for grades 3-12 that celebrates National Forest Products Week.