Project Learning Tree ® (PLT) is an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12. PLT is a program of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. It is one of the most widely used environmental education programs in the United States and abroad, and continues to set the standard for environmental education excellence
PLT works for teachers and other educators because:
- PLT materials are aligned with state and national education standards.
- PLT is broad based: topics cover the total environment and are local, national, and global in scope.
- PLT provides the one great lesson a week you wish you had time to plan.
- PLT is adaptable to many contexts: classroom, playground, nature center, home; and many audiences: PreK-12 students, youth groups, 4-H clubs, museum visitors, and community groups.
- PLT is cross-curricular, making it easy to infuse its environmental lessons into science, language arts, special education, and other classes.
- PLT workshops are hands-on and engaging.
Read more about PLT by clicking here!
Find a workshop near you. Click here for the workshop calendar.
For more information on PLT in North Carolina, including upcoming workshops contact the state Coordinators:
North Carolina PLT State Coordinator
NC State University – Extension Forestry
Campus Box 8008
Raleigh, NC 27695
North Carolina PLT State Co-Coordinator
NC Forest Service
Turnbull Creek Educational State Forest