The Sustainable Forestry Teachers Experience is a professional development workshop that demonstrates all elements of forestry in North Carolina. Discover the forests in our state and learn about the wood products industry!
SIGN UP FOR AN EXPERIENCE!
Piedmont: Southern Pines, North Carolina June 17-20, 2019
Coastal Plains: New Bern, North Carolina June 24-27, 2019
Mountain: Asheville, North Carolina July 22-25, 2019
- Explore sustainable forestry practices and management techniques used in our state
- Go behind the scenes during field trips of industry facilities
- Tour forests and/or logging sites
- Participate in environmental education training
- Project Learning Tree Curriculum-K-8 Guide and Secondary Module
- Network with STEM educators across the state
- Connect with natural resource professionals in your community
- Participants will receive resources and teaching materials to be used in the classroom/organization
- All meals, lodging, and transportation at the conference will be provided
- Educators can earn continuing education credits (CEU) and EE certification (6 hours-Criteria I and 10 hours-Criteria III)
- Application period will open January 7, 2019
- Educators will apply online to the program. Accepted participants will have two weeks to pay a one time registration fee of $50.
- Workshop is geared towards formal and non-formal STEM professionals with emphasis on 3rd-12th grade science teachers.
- High School Teachers that lead topics aligned to Earth, Environmental, Biology and Agriculture will find our program most beneficial.
- Registration for the program is first-come-first serve basis
- Max capacity for each workshop is 40 participants
Reviews from past participants!
This was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot and will use a lot of it.
I was able to learn new information about the forestry industry. I appreciate the fact that I was given the opportunity to visit the sites and observe the process.
Content was very relevant. Resources provided will be used. I would recommend this workshop to other educators.
The connections, between education lessons and actual industry. Very relevant.
Loved the tours and connections made with other teachers. All the resources gained are going to add to my ability to educate my students about sustainable forestry.
I now have a great appreciation and am more knowledgeable about the work that goes into forest industries and sustaining our forests.
Thanks for offering something new and different for teacher training!
This was well organized and it was apparent that time and money were spent to ensure a quality experience.
Definitely- one of the best workshops I’ve attended in 29 years!
Everything was well planned and we were well looked after.
I believe all teachers no matter their subject or grade level take the opportunity to attend this workshop.
For questions or additional information please contact Amy Juliana- 919-834-3943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.