The Sustainable Forestry Teachers Experience is a professional development workshop that demonstrates all elements of sustainable forestry in North Carolina. Discover the forest in our state and learn about the wood products industry!
SIGN UP FOR AN EXPERIENCE!
Piedmont: Southern Pines, North Carolina June 17-20, 2019
Coastal Plains: New Bern, North Carolina June 24-27, 2019
Mountain: Asheville, North Carolina July 22-25, 2019
Click here for the application link. (Link will be active as of January 7, 2019.)
- Explore sustainable forestry practices and management techniques used in our state
- Go behind the scenes during field trips of our industry facilities
- Tour forests and/or logging sites
- Participate in environmental education training
- Project Learning Tree Curriculum-K-8 Guide and Secondary Module
- Network with educators across the state
- Connect with professionals in your community
- Participants will receive resource and teaching materials to be used in the classroom or organization
- All meals, lodging and transpiration while at the conference will be provided
- Educators can earn Continuing Education (CEU) and EE Certification (Criteria I and Criteria III) credits
- Application period will open January 7, 2019
- Educators will apply online to the program. Accepted participants will have two weeks to pay a one time registration fee of $50.
- Workshop is geared towards formal and non-formal STEM professionals with emphasis on 3rd-12th grade science teachers.
- High School Teachers that lead topics aligned to Earth, Environmental, Biology and Agriculture will find our program most beneficial.
- Registration for the program is first-come-first serve basis based on qualification
- Max capacity for each workshop is 40 participants
For questions or additional information please contact Amy Juliana- 919-834-3943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.