Ensures Healthy, Productive, and Sustainable Forests

Insurance Programs

NCFA has partnered with AssuredPartners to offer our members competitively priced insurance. Choose from the different insurance options below.

In order to obtain hunting lease or timberland insurance all parties have to be a member of the NCFA.

Hunt Lease and Timberland Liability Insurance Brochure

Timberland Liability Insurance

As a landowner, it’s your duty to invitees to ensure that your property is safe from all known dangers and remains in safe condition. But did you know that even trespassers can file a claim?

We’ve created a program that provides you peace of mind and can provide protection quicker than you can walk your property line! Choose between our $1 million or $2 million limit to ensure that your assets are properly protected and get instant coverage when you apply online!

Hunt Lease Liability

Tired of waiting days for your certificate of insurance? Our website provides an instant quote, a quick online application & payment process, and a certificate of insurance within minutes. Customize your policy with either $1 million or $2 million liability limits, both available online for your convenience and peace of mind.

Protection for your hunt club and landowner are only a few clicks away!

Prescribed Burn Insurance for Landowners

Did you know that a standard General Liability policy doesn’t cover prescribed burning? Whether you are a landowner or a certified Prescribed Burn Manager, make sure you have the coverage you need for conducting prescribed burns.

AssuredPartners is pleased to offer two solutions for this risk: annual coverage for certified burn managers, or short-term coverage for landowners conducting prescribed burns on their property. When mitigating the risk of prescribed burns, you need a partner who understands that even under careful planning, conditions can change in an instant.

Property Insurance

Need protection for your assets located deep in the woods? Insure the value of your hunting cabin, storage shed, free-standing garage, or other owned structures, and gain peace of mind knowing you are covered. You can also cover your tractors, equipment and ATV’s!

In order to be eligible for this coverage, you must have a Hunt Lease or Timberland Liability policy through AssuredPartners. Check out our website for an instant General Liability Quote!

Standing Timber Insurance

Whether you’ve inherited family land or planted your timber from seedlings, we understand the importance of a timber investment. Your future plans may depend on the time, money, labor and maintenance you have invested in your timber tract, and we have made it our business to help you protect it.

Through AssuredPartners, NCFA members have access to an affordable Standing Timber insurance program to ensure that your future plans are not capsized by a catastrophic loss. So, don’t worry. We’ve got it covered.

Consulting Forester Insurance

Our unique and customizable Consulting Forester policy provides the coverage you need as a professional forester. Covered operations include timber inventory, forestry services, management plans, reforestation services, property inspections, and non-aerial application of pesticides/ herbicides. Customize your policy by adding Professional Liability and/or Prescribed Burn Liability to suit your unique operations.

AssuredPartners has an affordable Consulting Foresters insurance program that provides peace of mind and the confidence to do what you love.

Reforestation Insurance

As a landowner, you accept the time it takes to grow timber to maturity. A possible delay in the return on investment because of a fire or wind disaster is tolerated. However, encountering out-of-pocket expenses to replant a pre-merchantable stand can be unbearable.

Our Reforestation program provides cash-flow payments to the landowner, so you can get back in the business of growing timber after a catastrophic fire or wind loss.

Guides & Outfitters Insurance

Whether you are conducting a hunting tour, fishing tour, hiking tour, a photography tour, or overnight operations, our coverage is designed to protect you and your guests.

Our extensive experience in the Outdoor Industry allows us to provide a program that is tailored to you and your expertise. AssuredPartners has an affordable Guides and Outfitters insurance program to ensure that you can guide with confidence.

Contact Information

AssuredPartners Outdoor Insurance Team

(803) 732.8452

NCFA Required Membership

Each distinct owner of the land (whether the owner is an individual, partnership, trust, corporation or other) must maintain a membership in the NCFA and qualify for insurance coverage by filling out a separate application form. Since the policy names both the landowner and the hunt club as insureds, each receives a certificate of insurance, and each must be a member of the NCFA. The NCFA requires that each ownership and hunt club be represented by a person who has the legal authority to represent the ownership or hunt club.

The NCFA annual membership fee for landowners is $60 for ownership of up to 500 acres. For acreage over 500, see the table below:

Landowner Dues Based on Acreage

  • 501-1,000: $75.00
  • 1,001-1,500: $90.00
  • 1,501-2,000: $110.00
  • 2,001-3,000: $130.00
  • 3,001-4,000: $160.00
  • 4,001-5,000: $200.00
  • Over 5,000: $55 + $0.30/acre over 500

The annual membership fee for hunt clubs is $85 per club. These fees provide a one-year membership in the NCFA and include all the benefits of membership. Both the hunt club and the landowner must be NCFA members in good standing to qualify for insurance. If you are not sure whether you or your hunt club is a member of the NCFA, please call (919) 834.3943 to verify your membership.

Consult the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission (919-733-3391) for more information on hunting seasons and other rules and regulations.